Sunday, April 21, 2019

ANSWERS: Fronts Off 2

So you know how almost every week on these answer posts (starting with the one for puzzle #200), I open with a picture that I made on DeviantArt, even though there's next-to-no overlap of DA users and puzzle enthusiasts? Well, I failed to come up with a drawing inspired by one of the clues for "Fronts Off 2", but to make up for it, I've instead created a BONUS PUZZLE! It's a pretty easy 10x10 Picross puzzle (look at other posts with the "Picross" tag for instructions on how to solve one of these) that depicts an object mentioned in one of the clues from that aforementioned puzzle:


I've also made this Picross available in the free Steam game Picross Touch (which I've talked about before). Just search for "Plunger" in the game's Workshop mode, and it should be right there. Now with that out of the way, here are the whopping twelve people that have solved "Fronts Off 2"!
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Chris Hendricks ****
  • Pavel Curtis ****
  • Stephen Staver ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Patrick Jordan ****
  • Mom ***
  • Dan Simonds ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Joe Bernard ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as multiple solver comments!

1) TROUT, FALLON → GROUT, GALLON
2) ELIAS, SUCTION→ ALIAS, AUCTION
3) POCKY, HUSTLE → ROCKY, RUSTLE
4) CORAL, PASSAGE → MORAL, MASSAGE
5) MARTH, SLOPED → EARTH, ELOPED
6) BOISE, REUTERS → NOISE, NEUTERS
7) RHYME, SINKER → THYME, TINKER

The newly added letters, underlined and highlighted above in yellow, spell out GARMENT

Patron Stephen Staver said "I really appreciate a puzzle that doesn’t punish me for being unable to solve two answers. 2b and 4b managed to stump me. Despite that, I was able to come up with the final answer, and enjoyed the challenge!"

Patron Pavel Curtis had this puzzle "Solved without a writing implement! 😁"

Similarly, Patron Joe Bernard said "I’ve been traveling so I couldn’t print this one out. I ended up doing it in my head. "

By contrast, Solver Sam Levitin said "These clues were tricky, lots out of my wheelhouse."

No comments:

Post a Comment