Monday, June 15, 2020

PUZZLE #287: Word Squares: Projectors 4

PUZZLE #287
WORD SQUARES: PROJECTORS 4

Before I get to this week's puzzle, I should let you know that this was the first puzzle I've made since the worst flood my home state has seen in recent memory forced me to evacuate my home and everything in it, including my work computer. Now, while I did get a new laptop since then in order to keep doing these puzzles until I can get back to my still-being-repaired home, I had to download some new software in order to make printable versions of these puzzles since I don't have access to the programs I usually use to make them. Fortunately, I succeeded in that task, so what this means for you is that the printable versions will look a little different than normal going forward; instead of .PNG images made in an old copy of Macromedia Fireworks and then converted to .PDF files, the printable versions that I will provide for the time being will be pure .PDF files that were made in LibreOffice (basically a free version of Microsoft's Office applications). So with all of those news out of the way, here are the directions for this week's brainteaser:


There are a series of clues whose answers will fit into the provided grid, reading across and down. However, all of the answers are one letter too long to fit in properly, so each one must have either its first or last letter sticking out (or "projecting" out) of the grid. Once you're done, start at the top left and read the "Projectors" either clockwise or counterclockwise to get another word or phrase. In the example above, the Projectors spell out SAMPLE.

This week's FINAL ANSWER is the eight-letter name of a late 2000s video game.


CLUES
* _____ Bi-Flex (bone joint supplement)
* Current CBS Evening News anchor O'Donnell
* Fishing reel part
* He sang "My Boo" with Alicia Keys
* MP3 players that came in Shuffle and Nano models
* Ms. Delacour from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (HINT: It can also precede "de lis")
* Single statistic
* Whether by land _____...: 2 wds

Once you think you know what the FINAL ANSWER is, send it to either redhead64@chartermi.net or itsredhead64@gmail.com (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or get a hint from me in exchange for a "hint star", more details for that are on the sidebar to the right) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for a link to a .PDF version which you can print out!

No comments:

Post a Comment