Monday, January 26, 2015

PUZZLE #8: Infinigrid

PUZZLE #8
INFINIGRID

Since it's my eighth puzzle, I figured why not make a puzzle shaped like an eight on its side? Unfortunately, I couldn't find an infinity-shaped crossword grid online, so I pretty much had to make my own. I also drew some inspiration from the "Snake Charmer" puzzles featured in GAMES Magazine, and with all that out of the way, now it's time for the directions:

Much like an infinity symbol, this puzzle loops around itself twice, meaning that each letter in the grid is used in exactly two different words (the exception being the centermost square, where it's used four times). To solve, enter each answer hinted at by the clues into the grid following the arrows, but be careful, after the eighth clue, the numbers stop appearing in the puzzle, so it's up to you to figure out where the answers for the clues after that go. Once you're done, unscramble the letters in the eight gray squares to get this week's FINAL ANSWER.

Click on the picture for a larger version of the grid
  1. Everlasting (fitting, considering this puzzle's shape)
  2. "Someone Like You" songstress
  3. Toys named after a President
  4. Word preceding "Limits" or "Space"
  5. "______ Madness" (Donkey Kong Country level)
  6. Charlie Chaplin's wife or granddaughter (Wait, didn't I already use this in puzzle #4?)
  7. Female-oriented channel replaced by the male-oriented Esquire Network in 2013
  8. Doug Funnie's blue best friend
  9. Simba's wife
  10. Removed, like some of Strong Bad's e-mails
  11. Goes extinct
  12. White weasel fur
  13. Animated offering
  14. "See how they smile, like pigs in ______" (Beatles lyrics)
  15. German geologist Nathanael Gottfried
One you've figured out the FINAL ANSWER, send it to either redhead64@chartermi.net or itsredhead64@gmail.com and I'll give you credit for solving it about two weeks from now. You can also use those email addresses to give me feedback on my puzzle or send me the FINAL ANSWER to last week's puzzle (which you can solve either here or here). If you want a version of this puzzle you can print out, head below the break to do just that!



No comments:

Post a Comment