Sunday, February 8, 2015

ANSWERS: Infinigrid

Well, it's been almost two weeks, so it's time for me to reveal the answers to my Infinigrid puzzle (which you can still solve here, with the easy version here)! Before I do that, however, here are a list of people who have solved it:
  • Mom **
  • Adam Weaver **
  • Grant Fikes **
  • Eric Maddy **
  • Yossi Fendel **
  • Tyler Hinman **
  • Sam Levitin **
  • Lynn Sweeney *
  • Sara Forgie *
Now just click on "read more" for the answers and some comments from my solvers!


The letters in the grey squares, once unscrambled, spell out REMOTELY

Solver Adam Weaver "was kind of hoping that "toys named after a president" would be billiken, the less successful sequel to the teddy bear. Good puzzle!"

Solver Grant Fikes jokes that he was "not even REMOTELY sure what these letters anagram to."

Solver Yossi Fendel inadvertantly puzzled me when his response to my puzzle consisted solely of "TFTP". I thought he was refering to the Trivial File Transfer Protocol (which indeed does work REMOTELY), but he later clarified that it just meant "Thanks For The Puzzle!" Well, you're welcome!

Solver Tyler Hinman pointed out something I've overlooked: "isn't the central letter in fact used four times?" Well, it is, and I have since added that fact to the original post.

Oh, and in case you're wondering why I mentioned Strong Bad of HomestarRunner.com in the clue for DELETED.... well, maybe this cartoon will clear things up:



No comments:

Post a Comment