Sunday, March 8, 2015

ANSWERS: Pent Words #2

It's been thirteen days since I've published my second "Pent Words" puzzle (you can still solve it here, along with an easier version here). As usual, this is when I publish the answers, but first, here are a list of people who've solved it:
  • Adam Weaver **
  • Grant Fikes **
  • Lynn Sweeney **
  • Eric Maddy **
  • Sam Levitin **
  • Yossi Fendel **
  • Lawrence Denes **
  • Joseph DeVincentis ** [You can watch him solve this puzzle here!]
Now just head below the break for the answers, along with some solver comments and the unusual circumstances behind making this puzzle!


The two unclued pentominoes (highlighted above) spell out the Big Hero 6 character HONEY LEMON


Believe it or not, I made this puzzle way back in January; I intentionally timed its release so it came out the day before Big Hero 6 was released on Blu-Ray. However, it was only after I scheduled it that I realized that it was also set to be published the day after the Oscars! Boy, was I lucky that it wound up winning Best Animated Feature, or otherwise it would've been really embarrassing and badly timed on my part!

♪Who's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion? / You better learn my name 'cause I am A-ASH-LEY!

Solver Sam Levitin noted that Honey and Lemon were "[a]lso, good ingredients for hot tea for those of us in the frozen Northeast."

Is it weird that I've never played this game, yet I clearly remember watching its short-lived Saturday morning cartoon adaptation?

Solver Lawrence Denes said that "I haven't had the time to do any puzzles for almost two weeks, but this made me glad I came back. It was awesomely nerdy. Your sensibility comes through loud and clear in your puzzles, and I like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment