Sunday, August 16, 2015

ANSWERS: Color Wheels

Before we get to the answers and solvers for my "Color Wheels" puzzle, I want to focus our attention on last week's puzzle, considering that only 6 people have solved that one so far. I believe that number could be a bit higher, so I'd like to remind you that you can ask me for hints through my "Hint Stars" system that I set up a while ago. Right now, however, the only people using them are those that I meet in person, which begs this question: why aren't you using your Hint Stars? Is it pride? Do you just dislike asking for help even more than looking up the answers? Or is it something else entirely? Let me know either in the comments section below or via email, and I'll try to take your feedback into consideration. So with that out of the way, let's reveal who solved the "Color Wheels"!
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • YYW ****
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Paolo Pasco ****
  • Mom ***
  • Lynn Sweeney **
  • Debbie Underwood ****
Now head below the break for the answers, along with some solver comments!



The two unclued answers (highlighted above in yellow) spell out DAVID SPADE

That's not a request, it's just the name of a TV show he was on

Solver Adam Weaver said that this was a "great, well-balanced puzzle. Lots of clues that I didn't immediately know, but filled in from partial answers."


"HOOO-boy, are you ever gonna regret slapping Fluttershy!"

Solver Grant Fikes initially sent me an incomplete grid, so he wasn't sure that DAVID SPADE was the FINAL ANSWER, saying that "If DAVID SPADE is wrong, please degrade me to one star when I send the actual answer." After I confirmed that DAVID SPADE was correct, he noted that "After some research, it seems the only mistake I made was forgetting the difference between present and past tense for MASHES. :)"



Solver Tyler Hinman "Knew just enough of the pop culture to get by here. Agreed with other commenters that you could stand to have a little less of it. :-)" Regarding my questionable use of the "word" "betted" in the clue for HEDGED, he offered me a "Pro-tip: Don't make up words."

No comments:

Post a Comment