Sunday, June 19, 2016

ANSWERS: 4X Game 4: XX/XY 2

It's been about two weeks since I've started Greatest Hits Month with "4X Game 4: XX/XY 2", and now it's time for me to reveal the answers to that puzzle, as well as the ten people that solved it:
  • Punjit Sharma ****
  • Yossi Fendel ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Mom ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • YYW ****
Now just head below the break for the answers, along with a couple solver comments!


Here are the answers in text format:

X #1: AGNAR, RANMA, AM NOT, TONGA
X #2: TERRA, ARRAS, SARGE, EGRET
X #3: EVANS, SNAPS, SPARK, KRAVE
Y #4: KNOTS, STORK, KRONK

The letters in the yellow squares unscramble to spell out ARK





Solver Punjit Sharma said that "When I started solving, I was making a list of 3-letter words in my mind. When 'ARK' came into my head, I thought that would be a nice analogy to Noah's Ark and the puzzle being named xx/xy.

Funnily enough, I was right.

"And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female" [Genesis 6:19]

Had fun solving"


Picture sent by Grant Fikes
Solver Sam Levitin says "Ark! I see a puzzle"

No comments:

Post a Comment