Sunday, October 2, 2016

ANSWERS: Anagram Magic Square 2: Adding & Anagramming

Before I reveal the answers to "Anagram Magic Square 2: Adding & Anagramming", I just wanted to let you know that one of my regular solvers (Lynn Sweeney in this case) recently commissioned me to create a crossword puzzle using neuroscience terms for a college class she teaches. I did so, and she was definitely pleased with the final product, and her students seemed to like it as well! So if you want to commission me or collaborate with me, let me know through email or any other way you can, and once we work things out, you can pay me through my PayPal "Donate" button on the sidebar to the right. So with that shameless self-promotion out of the way, here are the eleven solvers of my puzzle from thirteen days ago:
  • YYW ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ***
  • Alex Milton ****
  • Chris Hendricks ****
  • M. Sean Molley ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
  • Mom ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
Now click on "Read more" below for the answers and some comments from my solvers!


The added letters, in the order of the clue numbers, spell out CARTOON WITH CRYSTA THE FAIRY, and the answer to that is FERNGULLY: THE LAST RAINFOREST (I also would've accepted its direct-to-video sequel)


Solver Sam Levitin said that this was a "Nice puzzle. Good vocab, obscure stuff was back-solvable or googleable."

Solver Grant Fikes "Had to look that up, because despite having seen The Nostalgia Critic review it, all I remember about it is it being environmental and stuff."

Solver Giovanni Pagano said "I knew or was able to get every answer without the 65 aspect, but it might be useful for others. Now I'm wondering if there was a way to work BATTY Koda into the puzzle somehow..." [Well, you could add an "L" to BATTY to get TYBALT...]

No comments:

Post a Comment