Sunday, October 16, 2016

ANSWERS: Eat Your Words

It's been roughly two weeks since I've posted my first "Eat Your Words" puzzle, and since then, nine of you have managed to successfully solve it since then, as you can see in the list below:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Giovanni Pagano ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Mom ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Chris Hendricks ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • YYW ****
Now just head below the break for the answers, along with some comments from my solvers!

1) BUSINESS (Bus, Sines)
2) GLOSSARY (Gary, Loss)
3) PENCHANT (Pent, Chan)
4) REPORTED (Reed, Port)
5) DELIVERY (Dey, Liver)
6) PLANTAIN (Plain, Ant)
7) TOTALLY (Toy, Tall)
8) PROSCRIBE (Prose, Crib)

The two highlighted words are SON and PLATO, and SON eats PLATO to get SPLATOON


I'll start the comments section with a couple of short ones: Sam Levitin said that this was a "tricky one, I liked it", and Grant Fikes simply put "Delicious" in his email.

Solver Chris Hendricks said "I'm starting to think that... just maybe... you're an even bigger Nintendo fan than I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment