SECTION SIX 4
This puzzle's grid has six rings and six sections. Each ring contains a series of words placed end to end, reading either clockwise OR counterclockwise; all the words in a given ring will read in the same direction. Ring 1 (the outermost ring) contains six answers that read clockwise; the starting spaces are numbered in the grid. Clues for the answers in the remaining rings are given in order, but their starting points and direction are for you to figure out. The sections (separated by the heavy lines radiating from the center) will help you place the inner rings: in a given section, each ring segment contains all but one of the letters in the next segment outward. In other words, a section's outermost segment contains six letters; the next segment inward contains five of those six letters in some order; and so on, until only one of the original six letters remains.
Once you're done, unscramble the six spaces with stars in them to get the FINAL ANSWER: a six-letter word.
1) Mumbai music
2) Nintendo's garlic-eating antihero
3) Really, really huge
4) The Little Foxes playwright Lillian and others (HINT: It's one letter off from a mayonnaise brand)
5) Fill the lungs
6) Ecstasy's opposite
* Goliath or Demona from a Disney Afternoon show, e.g.
* Spider-like trickster from African folklore
* Place to pick up "pale" potables, perhaps
* Real first name of Marilyn Monroe
* 1987 Eddie Murphy stand-up movie
* Shandling who voiced Verne in Over the Hedge
* _____ the Insatiable (animated Fox show)
* Assumed names
* A, S, D, F, J, K, L, and ; on a keyboard: 2 wds.
* Similarity comparison
* Happiness Is a _____ Blanket, Charlie Brown (TV special)
* Perfume ingredient from a thorny flower: 2 wds.
* Discoverer of Jupiter's four largest moons
* Tia or Tamera from Sister, Sister
* Yoshi's _____ World (Wii U game)
Once you think you know what the FINAL ANSWER is, send it to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or get a hint from me in exchange for a "hint star", more details for that are on the sidebar to the right) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for a version you can print out!