Sunday, November 12, 2017

ANSWERS: Squeezed in the Middle 10 - Double Decker Word Sandwiches

It's been two weeks since I've posted my 150th puzzle on this blog, and since then, eight of you have correctly solved it, as you can see in the list below:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Chris Hendricks ****
  • Pavel Curtis ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Mom ****
  • Debbie Benford ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ****
Now head below the break for the answers as well as comments from two of my solvers!


The letters in the brown squares spell out SUPER MARIO WORLD

Super Mario World has haunted houses in it! That makes it an appropriate answer for Halloween, right?

Patron Chris Hendricks said "To be honest, I'd figured out about 5 of the center-whole combinations when I realized that Super Mario World seemed to fit. Good job going ambitious on the double."

Patron Pavel Curtis did even better, since he "Got the first two words with just clues 3 and 10 (and their respective wholes), and then closed it out with clue 6.  (Then, of course, I went back and solved the rest.  Wouldn't want to miss out on any of it!) Thanks as usual for the fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment