Monday, October 30, 2017

PUZZLE #150: Squeezed in the Middle 10 - Double Decker Word Sandwiches

PUZZLE #150
SQUEEZED IN THE MIDDLE 10: DOUBLE DECKER WORD SANDWICHES

I've reached another milestone! Actually, scratch that, I've actually reached two milestones! Not only is this my 150th puzzle, but this is also my tenth installment of my signature creation "Squeezed in the Middle"! So considering both of those points, I'm going to do something a little different regarding "Squeezed". Take a look...

It's time to make some Double Decker Word Sandwiches! Normal rules to "Squeezed in the Middle" apply, but with a twist. First, enter the "Centers" in the corresponding numbered spaces. Then, enter two "Wholes" in each row, each one using the letters in one white space and the two adjacent brown spaces. The brown spaces in the center column will be shared by two "Wholes".

Once you've filled out everything, the letters in the brown squares, reading down, will spell out this week's FINAL ANSWER: A three-word video game title.


CENTERS
1) Horseman of the Apocalypse with the shortest name
2) Pith helmet or African antelope
3) Starbucks order with milk
4) "Steal My Sunshine" band
5) Easternmost country in the Arabian Peninsula
6) _____ particular order: 2 wds.
7) Bravo y Grande, por ejemplo
8) "The place with the helpful hardware folks", according to ads
9) Narcs' org.
10) Rigoletto composer

WHOLES
* 1985 John Malkovich drama
* Best possible
* Boat that had Gilligan as its First Mate
* Bunch of bees
* Jimmie Johnson, for one
* Musical section whose name is Italian for "airy"
* Place that translates to "no place"
* Ray who voices Manny in the Ice Age movies
* Served on a silver _____
* Went to huge extremes

Once you believe you've figured out the FINAL ANSWER, send it to either redhead64@chartermi.net or itsredhead64@gmail.com (though I'm more likely to check the second one) and I'll put your name on a solvers list once I post the answers in about two weeks. You can also use those email addresses to give me some comments and feedback (or get a hint from me in exchange for a "hint star", more details for that are on the sidebar to the right) or send me the answer to last week's puzzle, if you haven't already figured it out. If you have a printer and want to solve this puzzle on paper, just head below the break for a version you can print out!

No comments:

Post a Comment