Monday, December 15, 2014

Puzzle #2: Meta-Crossword #1 ("Episodic Game")

PUZZLE #2
EPISODIC GAME

Sorry, no .PUZ files or Across Lite apps or anything like that; you'll just have to make do with this picture and print it out/copy-and-paste it to a graphics editor 

This week's puzzle is something that's called a "meta-crossword", which is like a regular crossword, except that one you finish it, you use the completed grid to solve a bonus puzzle (More examples can be found at Matt Gaffney's Weekly Crossword Contest, but I should warn you that it'll convert to a paid service starting next month). Since this is my first proper meta-crossword, I've kept the meta relatively simple (though I can't say the same for the rest of the crossword): The BONUS PUZZLE is a long-running TV show. If you want a harder challenge, there's also a BONUS BONUS PUZZLE: Pick one of the five theme entries that acts as the odd one out in regards to the first BONUS PUZZLE. Once you've figured out one or both of the Bonus Puzzles, send them to either redhead64@chartermi.net or itsredhead64@gmail.com so you can get credit for successfully solving them. You can also email me if you're stuck and need help and refuse to look up any of the answers.

Also, don't forget to donate money to me using the Paypal button on the side; if you do, I might use some of it to pay for some crossword-construction software like Crossword Compiler or Crossfire so I can make even more crosswords! (I made this one mostly using MS Paint, and MAN did it take forever!, Hopefully, whichever software I use will cut down time significantly)

No comments:

Post a Comment