Sunday, May 10, 2015

ANSWERS: Tet Words

It's been about two weeks since I posted the final installment of "Tetris Month", called "Tet Words" (which you can still solve here, along with an easier version here), so now it's time for me to reveal the answers. Before I do that, however, here are a list of people who have solved this puzzle:
  • Adam Weaver **
  • Eric Maddy **
  • Grant Fikes **
  • Paolo Pasco **
  • Lynn Sweeney **
  • Christian H.P. **
  • Sam Levitin **
Now head below the break for the answers, along with some solver comments!


The unclued squares, highlighted above, spell out the name of the game ALAN WAKE


Solver Adam Weaver said that "this was a tough one for me. Especially since I had "goat" in the top left for a long time. Congrats on getting a puzzle published!"

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Solver Grant Fikes had this to say: "Oh man, if only I'd been ballsier and submitted ALAN WAKE before starting to look things up, based on a suspicious WAKE that didn't appear to match any of the clues (but no likely spots for ALAN, because the Donkey Kong franchise always escaped my fancy). I had ZONK, NEO, VADER, TWAIN, RIKER, ZIM, ISLE, SLY, ODE, and STARE based on a total wild guess, plus all the tetrominoes completely contained therein (and TRIO)."

Does this look like the face of mercy??

Solver Christian H.P. didn't have anything to say regarding "Tet Words", but instead said "Congratulations on getting published in WordPlay!  Looking forward to trying Build-A-Pyramid..."

Does THIS look like the face of mercy?!? 

Solver Sam Levitin initially had the wrong answer of WAKE ALAN: "Why, is he sleeping?" I told him it was incorrect, but very close to being correct, and afterwards, he said that "Oh, now that I google it, I see ALAN WAKE is a video game. Duh. Sure, why not?"

Does THIS look li-- "Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same f***ing thing... over and over again expecting... s*** to change... That. Is. Crazy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment