Sunday, July 12, 2015

ANSWERS: Charadagrams 2

It's been thirteen days since I've posted my second "Charadagrams" puzzle, so now it's time for me to reveal the answers! Before I do so, however, here are a list of people who have successfully solved it:
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Mom ****
  • Tyler Hinman ****
  • Paolo Pasco ****
  • YYW ****
Now just head below the break for the answers, along with some solver comments and pictures relevant to the puzzle's clues!


Here's how the rebuses are formed (in the order that the rebuses were present in the puzzle itself):

* [AGE]+[LOSE]+[FATED]+[THELMA] = EAG/LES O/F DEAT/H METAL
* [WILT]+[SIGHT]+[RAP]+[ELK] = TWIL/IGHT S/PAR/KLE
* [RAM]+[TONICS]+[SEERS] = MAR/TIN SCO/RSESE
* [CAIT]+[ANGELOU]+[OWEN] = ACTI/ON LEAGU/E NOW
* [O'BRIAN]+[COW]+[INNOCENT] = RAINBO/W CO/NNECTION
* [HALFTIME]+[ICY]+[CURS] = THE FAMIL/Y CI/RCUS
* [NEAR]+[OAF]+[BALLOT] = AREN/A FO/OTBALL
* [STARE]+[LAUPER]+[TEN] = TREAS/URE PLA/NET
* [PROWER]+[GLINTS] = PRO WRE/STLING
* [CROWES]+[REST]+[HEIR]+[CAUSE] = WORCES/TERS/HIRE/ SAUCE
* [OMC]+[PAIN]+[BOUNCE] = COM/PANI/ON CUBE
* [MASSAGE]+[TYRES]+[METS] = SEGA MAS/TER SY/STEM


The grey squares spell out TUB FERRETING, which can be unscrambled to spell out the FINAL ANSWER: BUT/TERFINGER



Solver Adam Weaver noted that "just like [G]rant's [version], I mostly started with the wholes then tried to match up parts."

Get it? It came before the SEGA Genesis? I think I can hear some of you groaning now...

Solver YYW had some similar comments: "Managed to solve all of the WHOLES clues, mostly without referring to the REBUSES. Later I also tried to finish solving the rebuses, and managed them all, except for one case where the two answers don't seem to match.

Here, once the answers are found, there is no additional difficulty in finding where the words fit in."


"The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak."

Solver Sam Levitin said that "I ferreted out the answer: BUTTERFINGER"



Solver Eric Maddy successfully figured out the FINAL ANSWER, "And . . . now I'm hungry."


Let's just say Billy likes to roam around a lot...

Mom is not that good at unscrambling words, so she mostly did the "Wholes" as opposed to the "Rebuses". Once she was finally done, she said to me "Ryan, you're so smart, and I'm so stupid!"

3 comments:

  1. I just want Charadagrams to return in July, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe September, I don't know

      Delete
  2. Or sometimes December?

    ReplyDelete