Sunday, July 5, 2015

ANSWERS: Section Six 2

Before I get to the answers for "Section Six 2", I've notice that the number of solvers for my last two puzzles have dipped a bit. Since I want as many people as possible to solve my puzzles (while ignoring the fact that those last couple puzzles may have been on the hard side), I'm going to ask anyone who's happening to be reading this a question: how do I get this blog to a wider audience? Right now, the only promotion I'm getting is from Grant Fikes' site, and I don't think one blog's going to be enough. I tend to make a lot of references to video games, Ponies, and other bits of pop/"nerd" culture, so maybe one of you can promote this blog somehow on a site or message board or something else that's into those sort of things? I dunno, but if you can think of anything to get more people on this site, just shoot me an email or comment to this blog post. In the meantime, here are the 7½ solvers of "Section Six 2" (don't worry, I'll explain where the fraction came from):
  • Adam Weaver ****
  • Sam Levitin ****
  • Grant Fikes ****
  • Lynn Sweeney ***
  • Eric Maddy ****
  • Debbie Underwood (Mom helped with one of the clues, hence the ½) ****
  • Paolo Pasco ****
Now head below the break for the answers, along with some solver comments and three videos relevant to this puzzle's clues.


And here are the answers in text format, in case you don't want to make yourself dizzy trying to figure it out:
RING 1: LOTUSES, VAMPIRE, CANE, BLARGG, NAPKIN, SYNC UP
RING 2: SUPERMAN, LACE, RAGGA, PINKY, COUPLETS
RING 3: CENA, PRESETS, PLUCKY, NIAGARA
RING 4: GRAINY, CLUSTER, PECAN
RING 5: RESCUING, ACNE
RING 6: CANCER

The starred letters unscramble to spell out ASYLUM


Solver Adam Weaver "had a hard time with this one. Had to look up at least one in each of the outer 4 rings. 

Happy birthday!"



Solver Grant Fikes stated that "For what it's worth, although it's not a rule I've encountered anywhere, I avoid words which are contained entirely in one section (such as CANE, LACE, and PINKY here). The obligatory Mario reference gave me a smile."



No comments:

Post a Comment